Want to Contact Us To Place Your Advert? Click Here

See The Two Players Mourinho Hailed After Defeat To Real Madrid In Skopje

Published by Staff_KMS 9th Aug 2017

Man Utd lost 2-1 to Real Madrid in the Super Cup but Jose Mourinho picked out two players for praise.

Jose Mourinho believes Nemanja Matic's performance in Skopje oozed simplicity.

And the Manchester United boss also had praise for the Reds other debutant in a competitive match, Romelu Lukaku.

The £110m new signings played the full 90 minutes in Macedonia as United went down 2-1 to Champions League holders Real Madrid.

Anchor man Matic isn't as far advanced as his colleagues in terms of pre-season fitness but the £35m 29-year-old was still United's Man of the Match .

“I think he played really well,” said Mourinho .

“I think in the moments where they were moving more the ball, of course it was difficult for us in the midfield.

“But in our good moments he was really good and especially in our dominance in the second half after the 2-0.

“In our period of dominance he was what we want him to be: to move the ball in a simple way, to give balance to the team, to start building from the back.

“He is a player with great experience, many years at the highest level and good experience, good stability.”

£75m striker Lukaku had a mixed evening in the Philip II Arena suffering a dreadful close range miss before the 24-year-old Belgian redeemed himself by scoring United's only goal.

Mourinho had sympathy for his new hitman after a night dominated by Real Madrid.

“It is difficult job to play against a team that dominates the possession - and he tried,” said the Reds boss.

“Of course he missed a chance with an open goal, but he scored his goal.

“He had a good fight against two good central defender and I am happy with this period and how he fits into - I am never tired to repeat - an amazing group.”

Have Something Interesting/Informative you want us to Post on Aimtoget? Send to infoaimtoget@gmail.com

Comments:
No comments yet, be the first to comment

Post A Comment

Enter your credentials to login.

Aimtoget is Nigeria's new online platform for 24/7 gist, music, movies, stories, free sms and more.
Home
Updates Music Videos Celebrity Gist Funny Post Education Tech Stories
About Us
About / Contact Terms And Conditions Privacy Policy Advertise with us
Social
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube